Monday, May 31, 2010

iGoogle is my blogging savior



After struggling for the past couple of weeks to keep up with my blog posts and reading and commenting on other blogs, I finally found a solution. In comes iGoogle. This has truly been my blogging savior. I really don't know why I didn't find it sooner, but better late than never.

The screenshot above is from my iGoogle for Single, Sassy, & Uncensored. I have my Gmail open to see when people comment on my blog and send me blog roll requests. I have a running to do list to keep track of blog posts I need to work on, new social networking sites I need to join, blog carnivals I need to join, etc. I also use it to keep track of things I find other bloggers doing that I need to research and see if I can incorporate into my blog.

My absolute favorite feature of iGoogle is my Google Reader. I use it to subscribe to and follow other blogs. It has been such a time saver because I don't have to individually go to each blog to read and comment on them. Now I just scroll through my reader and see what posts interest me. I can read them in the viewer or open up the actual blog in another window so that I can comment on it.

This is definitely helping me to build my followers and readers because I can comment regularly and frequently on others' blogs and build a blogging community that will support my blog as well.

Other features I use on iGoogle include a Twitter gadget so that I can easily keep track of what others are tweeting. I can retweet, respond to other tweets, and post my own tweets, all from my iGoogle home.

I also use a Google News widget which is great because I can customize it and only see articles that fit the topics I want to read. I use it to read about articles like photography, entrepreneurship, pregnancy, etc.

All in all, this is a great tool and all bloggers, and anyone who just wants to organize their life, should try it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment